May 2018. This law represents the biggest change in the field of personal data protection in the last 20 years and has objectives that go far beyond the simple protection of private space.
• Nature of personal information processed;
• The purposes and means of personal information processing;
• The identity and contact details of the data controller(s);
• Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO);
• Any third parties involved in processing activities;
• Personal information retention period;
• Security measures adopted to protect personal information;
• Users' privacy rights.
Users under the age of 16 are not allowed to consent to the processing of personal information without parental authorization.
PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER / OPERATOR
According to the GDPR, the Personal Data Controller is the one who, alone or together with others, determines the purposes and means of processing personal information.
The personal data controller/operator for the processing of data related to website activities is:
• Ares Capital Solutions S.R.L. - Electromagnetica Business Park, Calea Rahovei 266-268, Building 1, room 1, Bucharest, Romania, European Union.
There is a designated data protection officer to ensure that the website processes personal information in accordance with the GDPR. The DPO can be contacted for any questions at the following email address: CONTACT@GINISSIMA.COM
2. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
PERSONAL INFORMATION. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING.
"Personal Information" means any personally identifiable information relating to users, either alone or in combination with other information.
Personal information is collected automatically by the Site or received through several sources: forms, chat, email, applications, devices, social media and other means.
The website processes personal information in various forms for the following purposes:
- The Site collects non-sensitive browsing data by automated means to enable and improve the user's browsing (for example, IP address, date / time of visit and its length, any referral URL, pages visited on the Site, other information) .
- The processing of this information allows users to access the site and fully enjoy its functions and services. Furthermore, browsing data can be used to check that the website is working properly.
- From time to time, browsing data is processed anonymously for statistical purposes.
- Browsing data is unlikely to identify the relevant data subject. However, by its very nature, browsing data can identify users if it is associated with other information.
- The browsing data described above is stored only temporarily in accordance with applicable law.
- At checkout, the site asks users to provide personal information for the purpose of fulfilling purchase orders and fulfilling contractual obligations (eg, first and last name, email address, delivery address, etc.).
- Such personal information is also essential for Customer Service to assist customers with their inquiries and any needs they may have, before or after the sale (for example, regarding order delivery status or product returns).
- Personal information related to orders will be stored for as long as it is necessary for to comply with contractual obligations and applicable tax and financial reporting obligations.
- The Site may also verify the payment instruments used by customers to make purchases on the Site (eg credit or debit card, etc.) for the purpose of preventing fraudulent activities or in accordance with applicable anti-money laundering laws. As full reliance on payment verification is given to third-party payment processors, the controller does not process or store any financial information belonging to customers.
- Failure to provide the required personal information when making payment will prevent users from completing an order on the Site.
- Based on its legitimate interest to improve its relationship with customers, the site will send the latter communications with product suggestions, discounts, requests for feedback or other updates. Customers are always free to unsubscribe from such email communications (for example, by clicking the "unsubscribe link" at the bottom of each email).
REGISTRATION ON THE SITE
- When users choose to register a personal account on the site, they are asked to provide personal information (eg date of birth, gender, etc.). The site clearly indicates what personal information is required (or not) to set up an account on the site.
- Users must submit personal information that is true and accurate at the time of registration and are encouraged to update their updated personal information (if changes occur) by logging into their personal account to make all relevant changes.
- Users who choose to activate or connect to their account on the site through a social media should be aware that when they connect their account to a social media account, the site collects certain personal information on who has already provided them with their example, email address and public Facebook profile).
- The controller does not supervise or control these social media services or user profiles on these services and does not establish privacy settings or rules on how personal information related to these services will be used. Users are strongly encouraged to read all applicable social service policies and notices to learn more about how they process personal information.
NEWSLETTER AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
- On the Site, users can opt-in to receive newsletters and commercial communications.
- The site always collects the explicit, free and unequivocal consent of users before sending these newsletters and marketing communications to these users or, more generally, before initiating electronic marketing initiatives dedicated to them.
- In such cases, users may be asked to submit personal information in addition to their email address (eg gender, country of residence, etc.) in order to have newsletters and marketing communications tailored to the user's profile.
- Users can always easily withdraw their consent from receiving newsletters and commercial communications in the following ways:
• through account settings;
• by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any such email;
• contacting customer service.
4. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
In order to provide you with the Services and the Site, including enabling you to order and receive products using our Site, administer your account, and optimize your experience, we must use the information we collect in a number of different ways .
ESTABLISHING A PROFILE/ PROFILING
With a user's explicit consent, newsletters and marketing communications may be tailored to the user's "profile" based on the personal information the Site collects or receives about that user.
With regard to the customers of the Site, the legitimate interest of the Site is to process personal information in order to offer more interesting products, to improve the Site and to personalize the products offered on the Site.
The main purpose of profiling is to propose products, services and initiatives more responsive to the tastes, shopping habits and interests of users and customers.
Personal information may also be used for remarketing, retargeting or profiling purposes, including through third parties (eg social networks, etc.).
Neither the website nor the controller will ever carry out profiling activities regarding children.
We use technology such as "cookies" to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a browser web, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
CATEGORY 1: STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES These cookies are essential to allow you to move around the site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have requested, such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items, cannot be provided.
CATEGORY 2: PERFORMANCE COOKIES These cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, navigate or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies do not contain any personal details from which your individual identity can be established. You can opt out of these cookies using your browser settings, but it may affect the performance of our website.
CATEGORY 3: FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES These cookies remember choices you make, such as the country you visit our site, language and search parameters such as size, color or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more suited to your selections and to make your visits more personalized and enjoyable. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You can opt-out of these cookies using your browser settings, but it may affect the functionality of our website.
CATEGORY 4: MAIN COOKIES OR ADVERTISING COOKIES These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number times you see an ad, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. Cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other people, such as advertisers. For example, we use third-party companies to provide you with more personalized ads when you visit other websites. You can opt out of these cookies using your browser settings.
CATEGORY 5: SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES These cookies allow you to share what you have done on your website on social media such as Facebook for example. See their respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
If you want to delete all cookies that are already on your computer, see the help and support area of your internet browser for instructions on locating the file or directory that stores cookies. Information about deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
You can withdraw your consent to these cookies at any time through the following options:
• Google Analytics cookies on all websites, access the Google Analytics opt-out browser extension;
• other third-party cookies related to behavioral advertising, visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.
• any other type of cookies, you can clear cookies through your browser settings.
Note that refusing cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising. This means that the company or companies you have opted out of will no longer serve ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see more ads that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
6. WHO ELSE DO I GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
To provide our website and services, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties with whom we may share your information.
EVALUATION AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Operator may transfer the personal information of customers to third party primary providers, who act as "data processors" ("processors"), for the purpose of carrying out business operations to fulfill their contractual obligations.
The controller will make every effort to ensure that all processors will apply industry best practices to protect personal information and will not use personal information for purposes other than those agreed with the controller.
For example, the controller may share personal information nals with the following categories of processors:
• Couriers and postal operators;
• Storage and storage centers;
• Advertising, digital, marketing and social agencies;
• IT service providers;
• Providers of customer support services;
• Payment service providers.
In such cases, the exchange of personal information with the processors is necessary for the operator to fulfill its contractual obligations and also to improve the site's products and services.
Users can request an updated list of processors involved in the processing of personal information relevant to the site's activities by writing an email to: CONATCT@GINISSIMA.COM
The operator must always reserve the right to disclose personal information about users as required by law (for example, in response to law enforcement requests) and where necessary to protect the rights of the operator, its affiliates or third parties.
In addition, personal information may be disclosed to other companies within the same corporate group of each operator or to third parties in the event of a corporate restructuring process, in full compliance with applicable law.
In any other cases, the exchange of personal information will be conditional on the prior and explicit consent of the user, unless the processing is permitted under an alternative legal basis.
The operator will not transfer personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless the user has explicitly authorized this transfer, and the transfer of personal information outside the EEA is permitted by the GDPR on another legal basis.
PROCESSING METHODS AND SECURITY MEASURES
Users' personal information is processed by the operator using computer, automatic and electronic tools and, in limited cases, by using documentary means. In accordance with the GDPR, specific security measures have been implemented to prevent data loss, illegal or improper use and unauthorized access.
Only authorized employees of the operator and authorized employees of third-party providers acting as processors on behalf of the operator have access to personal information related to site activities. Data processing agreements are in place with processors to ensure that they always meet the level of security required by the GDPR while processing personal information related to website activities.
Although the site adopts primary security measures to prevent the loss, destruction or dissemination of personal information, at the same time it cannot exclude the security risks that are naturally involved in the online transmission of data. The user accepts the inherent risks of providing personal information on the Internet and will not hold the site responsible for any breach of security, unless such breach is due to the site's negligence or willful default
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We retain the data you provide for as long as you have your account with us and thereafter for as long as you may have a question or complaint about our services, notwithstanding any higher retention period we may be required to we comply with the legal requirements applicable to us.
In certain circumstances, you can ask us to delete data as described below.
After you stop using our services, we may store the information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
We keep the data you provide for as long as necessary to provide users and customers with the necessary services or to fulfill legal or fiscal obligations, or for the minimum period required by law.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information stored by the Site based on user consent, the controller will consider several factors to ensure that personal information is not stored for longer than is necessary or appropriate. These criteria will also include:
• the purpose for which the site holds personal information;
• legal, fiscal and regulatory obligations in relation to this personal information;
• the type of ongoing relationship with the user or customer in question (how often the user logs into their website account, whether users continue to receive marketing communications, how often they browse or shop on the website, etc.);
• any specific request of the user in relation to the deletion of personal information;
• legitimate business interests.
The Site will promptly delete or anonymize personal information that is no longer required or retained by law.
9. WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you, which we detail below.
In this case, under the GDPR, users also have the rights to:
• Be informed about the collection and use of their personal information;
• Easily access their personal information;
• Inaccurate personal information has been corrected or completed (when it is incomplete);
• Deletion of personal information ("right to be forgotten");
• Under specific conditions, obtain the restriction or suppression of their personal information;
• Obtaining and reusing personal information for own purposes within the various services when the processing is based on a contract or consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means ("the right to data portability");
• Under specific conditions, to oppose the processing of their personal information;
• Object at any time to the use of your personal information for "profiling" or "decision automation" purposes.
• The right to submit complaints related to the collection and processing of personal information to the competent supervisory authority;
• The right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal information at any time.
To exercise any of your rights, users may contact the site at the following email address: CONTACT@GINISSIMA.COM
• by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is without prejudice to your right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of the EU country where you live or work if you believe that we have breached data protection laws."
11. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Last updated: June 2021